Thursday, June 25, 2009

Shoulder Pains

Tuesday was another decent lesson at the dojo. I was able to get a little more roll practice in, and even participated in a couple roll class exercises. After warming up we went into Kotegaesh practice and I was able to break things down and find my weak points. After fine tuning a few I was able to go through the technique with ease.
I didn't notice it until this morning but I must have landed on my shoulder pretty hard, as I woke up with an annoying pain in my right shoulder. It feels as if it needs to be popped really badly, but isn't out of place or anything. I made sure to take it easy on it at the gym tonight and only did minor weight lifting. Work was pretty draining tonight so I was only able to do minimal things at the gym, but should be good for a good amount of rest before Aikido tomorrow evening.
After my fourth full lesson, I feel that I am still progressing, slowly but surely. Hopefully my dizziness in roll practice will leave shortly and I can continue to grow there as well. Tomorrow is a new day, and with the day off from work I feel it necessary to do a little kata in the morning and spend most of the day getting ample rest!

Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something.
- Morihei Ueshiba

No comments:

Post a Comment