Friday, June 19, 2009

Back Pain and Frustration

I finished up my first full week of Aikido with my third lesson last night. I arrived around six, thirty minutes early with hopes of getting some early stretching and roll practice in before the lesson began. Sadly, no one was there to unlock the door until about 5 minutes before the lesson, just enough time to change. It was a bit frustrating as I havent been able to participate in group roll exercises yet. I feel a bit frustrated as the class is moving ahead quite quickly, and I'm one of two new students. So far in three lessons we've gone over five different techniques and it feels a bit overwhelming. But I'm not easily discouraged so Hopefully with next week I will be a little more caught up. I'm surrounded by a great dojo family so they make things a lot easier.
Yesterday I had work from eleven to four, which required me to stand that entire time, then came home to find a giant pile of sand in the yard that had to be shoveled, then took a 15 minute break before Aikido. Needless to say my back was in some pain last night! With my back pain I skipped the gym. Which I felt was not only neccessary, but also very much needed and ok on a cardio only day. I stepped on the scale this morning and was greeted by the 180 pound class once again! I lost three pounds and it feels great! Hopefully it continues to drop and I continue to enjoy the benefits of a healthier life! I'm excited about aikido next week and I can't wait to see how I progress!

Cast off limiting thoughts and return to true emptiness. Stand in the midst of the Great Void. This is the secret of the Way of a Warrior.
- Morihei Ueshiba

No comments:

Post a Comment